Thermal Transfer Printing
Known for its crisp look and clarity, ribbons do the work here. They melt on the label and form the image once heated by the print head. Unlike direct thermal, these labels can withstand abrasion, heat, and direct sunlight.
Thermal transfer produces consistent prints every time and provides you with the durability needed to create archival-quality labels. They can withstand UV exposure, sterilization, chemicals, and extreme temperatures. They are best for: cold storage; freezers; outdoors; inventory identifications; UL/CSA certification labels, and more.
- Crispy and high definition barcoding
- Great for long term usage
- Can print on an unlimited variety of substrates
- Long term costs are low
- Direct thermal printers are more durable than dot matrix and laser printers
- Initial costs are higher
- Ribbons are not recyclable